Place From 1798
London's oldest restaurant. Opened by Thomas Rule primarily as an oyster bar. It specialises in game and owns the Lartington Estate in the High Pennines. The restaurant stayed in the Rule family until the first world war, when Charles Rule swapped businesses with Thomas Bell. Bell's daughter subsequently sold the restaurant to John Mayhew (who still owns the restaurant) in 1984. The walls are decorated with a series of sketches, oil paintings and cartoons which have been collected throughout its history.