Group From 1860
Canine food specialists and operators of the "largest dog biscuit factory in the world" in Fawe Street, Poplar. Started by an American entrepreneur James Spratt, who introduced the biscuit to London in about 1860. The company used advertising and branding extensively and was the first to erect an advertising hoarding in London. Charles Cruft was an early employee.