Royal Court Theatre
Building From 24/9/1888
The current building designed by Walter Emden and Bertie Crewe, opened as the New Court Theatre. Many of George Bernard Shaw's early plays were produced here. It ceased to be a theatre in 1932, and was a cinema from 1935 until it was bombed in 1940. The interior was reconstructed and it re-opened in 1952. The English Stage Company was formed here in 1956, and the staging of John Osborne's 'Look Back in Anger' was seen as the starting point of modern drama.