Royal College of Physicians
Group From 1518
Founded by Thomas Linacre in 1518 with a charter granted by Henry VIII. Their first home was Linacre's own house in Knightrider Street. Their second home, at Amen Corner, Paternoster Row, was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. Their new Hall opened in Warwick Lane in 1675 and then in 1799 the College decided to move out to a new building in Pall Mall East, which, in the 1960s they sold to the Canadian High Commission, who still occupy it today, 2010. The current building in Regent's Park, opened in 1964 and designed by Sir Denys Lasdun, is the fifth home of the College.