Rotherhithe Old Town Hall
Building From 1895 To 1948
Built in 1895 by the architects Murray and Foster. The caryatides can be seen in the image either side of the entrance at the right.
In 1905 Rotherhithe merged with Bermondsey and St Olave and the new Bermondsey Borough Council used Bermondsey Town Hall. The old Rotherhithe Town Hall became a library and a museum. It was badly damaged in WW2 being hit on six different occasions. Our date of demolition is a guess.
The site is now, 2019, occupied by the Mayflower Tenants Association Hall, a much less imposing building.