Pimlico Wesleyan chapel / Holy Apostles, Claverton Street
Building From 1852 To /4/1941
Built in 1852 as a Methodist Wesleyan chapel with seats for 1,000. In 1917 the building was acquired and adapted for Catholic use as the Holy Apostles church, a chapel of ease, served by clergy from Westminster Cathedral. Destroyed by bombing in April 1941 and the site became part of the Churchill Gardens Estate.
The church was on the west side of Claverton Street, immediately opposite Chichester Street.
Information from Mayfair, Belgravia, and Bayswater By G. E. Mitton, 1903.