Pimlico Grammar School
Building From 1830
Architect was J.P. Gandy Deering. The British Museum's drawing is from 1832. Built as a non-conformist private academy for boys but the school only lasted a few years.
‘Ian Fleming’ by Andrew Lycett refers to this building as, in c.1930, the Pimlico Literary Institution, but images for that, in 1861, show a quite different and much larger building so we think Lycett is mistaken. But we don't know what the Grammar School building was used for once the school folded. Certainly in the Victorian period its wings were enlarged upwards by two storeys and a number of windows were added to the front elevation.