mobile nav


Phillips & Hopwood

Phillips & Hopwood


Categories: Craft / Design, Transport

From Village Pumps: "Samuel Phillips was making fire engines by 1760; in 1797 the firm became Phillips & Hopwood; in 1811 it was James Hopwood; by 1818 it was Hopwood & Tilley; by 1825 Tilley & Co; and around 1853 Shand, Mason & Co. Merryweather & Sons Ltd took them over in 1928."

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Phillips & Hopwood

Information Creations

Cornhill pump

We understand "the neighbouring fire officers" to mean the four fire assuranc...

Read More