mobile nav

Subject

The King's Road

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

The King's Road

Place 

It derives its name from the fact that It was King Charles II’s private road to Kew and wasn’t opened to the general public until 1830. Mary Quant opened her shop ‘Bazaar’ here in 1955. Along with Carnaby Street, the road became the focus of the ‘Swinging Sixties’ scene. In the 1970’s Vivien Westwood and Malcolm McLaren opened their punk boutique, ‘Let it Rock’ at number 430.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
The King's Road

Information Commemorated at

45988

Royal Avenue

Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Royal Avenue was laid out by Sir Chr...

Read More