Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
Royal Avenue was laid out by Sir Christopher Wren in 1682 as a direct route from the Royal Hospital to Kensington Palace. In 1685 King Charles II, the sponsor died, by which time only the first section as far as the Kings Road was completed, and the full scheme never materialized. The houses on either side were built in the early part of the 19th century.
Site: Royal Avenue (1 memorial)
SW3, St Leonard's Terrace, 14
The plaque is actually in Royal Avenue on the side of this building. Note: Unusually traffic travels anti-clockwise around Royal Avenue.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk