Parish Clerks' Hall
Building From 1671 To 29/12/1940
The Company of Parish Clerks is, of course, the organisation of Parish Clerks of the City and central London, first incorporated in 1441. And, of course, they needed a hall.
1st Hall: Clerks Place (off Bishopsgate), lost in the Reformation of 1547.
2nd Hall: Brode Lane (north of Southwark Bridge), destroyed in the Great Fire, 1666.
3rd Hall: Silver Street, destroyed in WW2 on 29/30th December 1940. Our picture shows this Hall in 1888 and London Parish Clerks shows it shortly before its destruction.
Since WW2 the Parish Clerks rely on the hospitality of other Companies.