New River Path Canonbury gardens - opening
Event From 29/5/1954 To 29/5/1954
From London Gardens Online: "The water that runs through New River Walk is actually formed by ponds landscaped to resemble the former river. It had first been planted as a garden by the New River Company in the 1860s and ownership was then transferred in 1951 to Islington Borough Council, for whom it was one of a number of open spaces planned as post WWII improvements. Re-landscaped in 1952, the gardens were re-opened on 29 May 1954 by Herbert Morrison MP."