Ministry of Public Building and Works
Group From 1943
Formed during WWII to organise the requisitioning of property for wartime use. In 1962 it was renamed the Ministry of Public Building and Works, and acquired the extra responsibility of monitoring the building industry as well as taking over the works departments from the War Office, Air Ministry and Admiralty. The connection with detergent powder (see our photograph) eludes us.