Group From 1757 To 2008
Opened first in 1745 on Windmill Street and moved to Mortimer Street, Fitzrovia in 1757 where new wings were added over time. Between June 1928 and May 1935 it was completely rebuilt on the same site. The building closed in 2005, was demolished 2008 and in 2012 the site is still empty.
2014: the luxury development of "Fitzroy Place" is nearing completion and a battle is being fought to ensure that the only building retained, the lovely Middlesex Hospital Chapel, is allowed to keep that name, partly to ensure that the existence of the hospital is remembered.