Metropolitan Borough of Bethnal Green
Group From 1743
Bethnal Green was formed as a civil parish from the Bethnal Green hamlet in Stepney ancient parish. 1889 it became part of the County of London. 1900 it became a metropolitan borough. 1965 it was abolished and merged into the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. See Simon de Montfort for an explanation of the image.