London Scottish Regiment
Group From 1859
Founded as part of the volunteer force sponsored by the Highland Society of London and the Caledonian Society of London, under the command of Lt. Col. Lord Elcho. He clothed the regiment in Hodden Grey on the basis that: 'A soldier is a man hunter. As a deer stalker chooses the least visible of colours, so ought a soldier to be clad'. In 2006 the regiment became part of the Household Division of the army. Its headquarters moved to Horseferry Road in 1985.