Credit for this entry to:Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk
Designed by John Knight, this originally opened as Leyton Town Hall. It was outgrown and a replacement town hall was built next door in 1896. The empty building was later repurposed as a library.
See other memorials in this area
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Leyton Library Grade II listed building, designed by John Knight in an Italia...
This section lists other interesting subjects.
Architect and Borough Surveyor for Shoreditch in 1949.
Architecture, Gardens / Agriculture, History, Property, Tourism / Traditions
Destroyed by fire, 1766.
Architect to the Tachbrook Estate, 1932 - 1954, he designed all of the blocks...
Register to receive email updates whenever we publish new memorials.
Now available: TheLondon RemembersiPhone app.
12,210 brave WW1 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.
23,831 brave WW2 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.