Laurence Pountney Church & Corpus Christi College
Building To 1666
Sir John Poultney or de Pulteney was in the Drapers' Company, Lord Mayor 3 times in the period 1330-6, and had his house on the west of what is now Laurence Pountney Hill. He founded Corpus Christi College and his name was given to the (presumably, pre-existing) parish church in Candlewick Street. The college chapel is thought to have been just to the north of the church. The church and college were destroyed in the Great Fire and not rebuilt. The site was then used as a graveyard and is now a private garden, as is the church's original graveyard, to the south of the sunken pedestrian passageway. More information at London Gardens Online.