King's Cross Station
Place From 1852
Designed by Lewis Cubitt. Took the name from the area which had taken it from a statue of Geoge IV that once stood at the junction of Pentonville Road, Euston Road, Gray's Inn Road and Caledonian Road. It was demolished in 1845 but the area retained the name. Discovering London queries the apostrophe in the station name.