mobile nav

Subject

King George Hospital, HMSO, Stamford Street

Group  From 1915  To 1919

Categories: Medicine

From the Survey of London and Ezitis (excellent) we learn that the five storey Cornwall House, built as warehouse for H.M. Stationery Office, was completed in the middle of WW1 and so was used until 1920 as an army hospital, known as King George Hospital. It was then used as government offices until sometime around 2000 when King’s College, London moved in.  It is the building on the north-west corner of the Stamford Street / Cornwall Road junction.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
King George Hospital, HMSO, Stamford Street

Information Commemorated at

51110

WW1 Memorial at St John's Waterloo

Unusually this memorial commemorates two quite separate groups of WW1 dead: p...

Read More