Member of the ARP/Civil Defence Services - mobile first aid unit.
Andrew Behan has kindly provided this research: Dr. Leonard Moss, MB, BS, MRCS, LRCP, was born on 14 April 1904. He was a son of Solomon Moss (1872-1936) and Sarah Amelia Moss (1887-1957) who were Naturalised British Subjects have emigrated from Russia. His father was a lady's tailor and his mother was a midwife.
The 1927 Medical Register lists him at 21 Harley Street, Bow, London, E3, having first been registered to practice on 30 July 1926 and that he was from 1926 a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons, England and a Licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians, London. (Harley Street was renamed in 1939 and is now Harley Grove). Medical Directories and Medical Registers from 1930 show him at both 23 Harley Street, Bow and 658 Commercial Road, London, E14 and that he had obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in London in 1927. He was a Genito-Urinary Assistant, Men's Section at The London Hospital.
The 1939 England and Wales Register shows him as a single man at 658 Commercial Road, E14 with a Doris Cook who was listed as his housekeeper.
He was a doctor with a mobile first aid unit and died, aged 36 years, on 18 September 1940 when a high explosive bomb fell on Saunders Ness Road School, Isle of Dogs, London, E.14, that was being used as Auxiliary Fire Service Sub Station No.35U.
Probate records show that administration of his estate, totalling £3,852-19s-4d, was granted to his widowed mother. He is also commemorated in the Civilian War Dead Roll of Honour, located near St. George's Chapel in Westminster Abbey.