From the picture source website: "The Jerwood Medical Education Centre was designed by Carden & Godfrey Architects to blend in with the surrounding Georgian and neo-Georgian buildings. ....The Centre houses the Royal College of Physicians Education Department."
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Jerwood Medical Education Centre
Commemorated ati
Jerwood Medical Centre
The content of this plaque is rather dull but we love the quality brickwork.
Other Subjects
First police training school
The first organised training school was opened in 1907 at Peel House in Regency Street, Pimlico. Officer recruits undertook a four-week training course before being posted to their beat. Moved to H...
Imperial Institute
Established in 1887 to promote research that would benefit the British Empire. From 1893 it was housed in a building in Exhibition Road, designed by T. E. Collcutt. This was demolished in the 1950s...
Cheam School
Founded by George Aldrich. It moved to Headley, Hampshire in 1934. Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, and Charles, Prince of Wales are alumni. This photo shows Charles with fellow pupils.
Sacred Heart School, Hammersmith
The origins of the school date back to a nunnery in 1609. In 1869, Cardinal Manning decided to convert it into a seminary, and had John Francis Bentley (the architect of Westminster Cathedral) draw...
Bedford College for Women, University of London
Founded by Elizabeth Jesser Reid as the Ladies College, the first higher education college for women. In 1900 it became part of the University of London and in 1913 moved to larger purpose built p...
Previously viewed
Bermondsey Town Hall
The Victorian Town Hall was bombed in WW2 and demolished in 1963. After the bombing the neighbouring municipal offices (1928, H. Tansley) were used for all council needs. Then in 1964 Bermondsey be...
8 Grenville Street
The Marchmont Association thoroughly research their plaques and they found some interesting information about Barrie’s home: “Barrie (1937) writes (in the third person) about his first residences ...
Queen Victoria's Kensington subjects
"... her loyal Kensington subjects" which probably means some of the wealthy people who lived in Kensington.
Kensington Town Hall - Churchill
W8, Hornton Street
The Sequoiadendron giganteum, otherwise known as the Giant Redwood, was discovered by Europeans in California in 1833. More pictures at R...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them