J. Studds & Son
Group From 1826 To 1898
A building firm based in Barretts Grove, Stoke Newington, active in 1891.
Sludgegulper has done the research for us: From British History "In 1880 John Studds, a builder and former carpenter, built a workshop in Barretts Grove for himself. He had a foundry in 1881 and by 1896 his premises housed other firms, including makers of electric plates and bicycles." In the 1881 census, John Studds, born in Bedfordshire, was living at 4, Omega House, Barretts Grove, Stoke Newington. We see in Streetview that 4 Barretts Grove, a neat Victorian terraced house, still exists. Both the buildings with the beehive plaques also have beehives on their shop-front column tops, or capitals. There are some very interesting ones at Crusoe.