Imperial Hotel, Russell Square
Building From 1907 To 1966
Designed by Charles Fitzroy Doll. The picture was taken in 1913 after the completion of the extension, which is the section on the left, to the north (2017: we now think the 'extension' was into the older Victorian properties to the left, outside the photo). The Burlington Magazine carries a report,with pictures, of Bolton House, the building that was there before. Demolished and rebuilt in the 1960s.