Building From 1863
Built 1863 as Mortimer's Music hall. 1866 MacDonald took it over but in 1871 following complaints it lost its performance licence. Bought in 1879 by rich Quaker philanthropist Palmer (of Huntley and Palmer biscuits) for the Blue Ribbon Gospel Temperance Mission. 1893 in his will Palmer left the hall to the Quaker Bedford Institute. 1910 the hall was extended. It is now used as a community centre.