Building    From 1881  To 16/7/1944

Holy Trinity church Stroud Green

Categories: Religion

Designed by architect E. B. Ferrey in 1881. We think this is Edmund Benjamin Ferrey (1845–1900), son of Benjamin Ferrey who designed St Stephen's extension in Rochester Street, SW1. The church hall, just to the north, by architect J. S. Alder was erected in 1913.

The church was badly damaged by the Granville Road bomb. The windows and doors were blown out and there was a large hole in the roof above the organ. Declared unsafe in 1950 and pulled down in 1960. The church hall was then consecrated as a church.

Just in front of the info board an area of terrazzo and cobbles marks the entrance to the old church.

The photo is thought to be from the 1920s.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Holy Trinity church Stroud Green

Commemorated atInformation

Holy Trinity Stroud Green - information board

Early in the morning of Sunday 16 July 1944 a V-1 flying bomb fell on Granvil...

Read More

Other Subjects

Mr. J. Welbelove

Mr. J. Welbelove

Member of Kingston Spiritualist Church in 1927.

Person, Community / Clubs, Religion

1 memorial
Charles Wesley (son)

Charles Wesley (son)

Son of Charles & Sarah Wesley.

Person, Friend / family, Religion

2 memorials
James Edmeston

James Edmeston

Architect and prolific writer of church hymns (nearly 2000!). Born Wapping. Died Homerton where he was a church warden at St. Barnabas.

Person, Architecture, Music / songs, Religion

1 memorial
Catherine Booth

Catherine Booth

Evangelist. Born Catherine Mumford in Ashbourne, Derbyshire. She married fellow methodist William Booth in 1855, and they embarked on a preaching tour of the country. Returning to London in 1864, t...

Person, Religion, Social Welfare

3 memorials