Designed by architect E. B. Ferrey in 1881. We think this is Edmund Benjamin Ferrey (1845–1900), son of Benjamin Ferrey who designed St Stephen's extension in Rochester Street, SW1. The church hall, just to the north, by architect J. S. Alder was erected in 1913.
The church was badly damaged by the Granville Road bomb. The windows and doors were blown out and there was a large hole in the roof above the organ. Declared unsafe in 1950 and pulled down in 1960. The church hall was then consecrated as a church.
Just in front of the info board an area of terrazzo and cobbles marks the entrance to the old church.
The photo is thought to be from the 1920s.