mobile nav

Subject

High Court of Chancery

High Court of Chancery

Group 

Categories: Law

Originally in offices in Chancery Lane, the six clerks of the King's High Court of Chancery moved into No 10 Stone Buildings when it was built for them in 1774 The six clerks were abolished in 1842.

The situation in 2007 is that the work of the High Court of Chancery was taken over by the Chancery Division, one of the three Divisions of the High Court of Justice which deals mainly with civil dispute.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
High Court of Chancery

Information Commemorated at

45148

Chancery

This building was erected in 1774 to accommodate the six clerks of the King's...

Read More