Harrow & Stanmore Railway
Place From 1890 To 1964
Our image shows the station building at Stanmore, renamed Stanmore Village. Dewi Williams has more photos of the building, in 1949.
In 1882, nearby Bentley Priory, a stately home and deer park, was bought by Frederick Gordon, a wealthy hotelier, who converted it into a luxury hotel. But the nearest railway station, Harrow and Wealdstone, was about 4 miles away so Gordon built a branch line (haven't we all done that?), the Harrow & Stanmore Railway, from there to Stanmore. This still left guests with about 2 miles to cover on foot, or more likely by carriage. This page has a map showing the relative distances.
The station opened on 18 December 1890. The trains were run by London & North Western Railway first and later by the London, Midland and Scottish Railway.
A second station at Belmont was opened on 12 September 1932 - we think the station was on the north side of Kenton Road, between the Belmont Health Centre and Parnell Way, but no one seems to have thought to erect a plaque there.
Stanmore Station was renamed Stanmore Village Station on 25 September 1950. Passenger service to Stanmore station was withdrawn on 15 September 1952, though Belmont continued. 1963-4 the whole line fell to Beeching's cuts and services ceased.
Stanmore Station was left to ruin and in 1969 most of it was demolished and a house constructed from what was left.
The Wikipedia page is helpful.