The Founders' first hall was built in what is still called "Founders' Court" in 1549. It was destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666 and rebuilt. Our picture shows the Hall in 1848, when leased out to The Electric Telegraph Co. In 1853 the Founders moved to St Swithin's Lane. In 1985 - 1987 a new building was erected on yet another site, at the east end of St. Bartholomew the Great in Cloth Fair.