Building   

Elm Grove manor

Categories: Property

The Percevals moved to Ealing in 1808 and purchased Elm Grove manor which was on the site where All Saints Church now stands. They had 12 children. After Spencer's murder the government gave his widow, Jane, a generous pension so she remained at the manor and went on to marry the vicar's son. On Jane's death her four unmarried daughters moved to live nearby at Pitzhanger Manor to be next door to their sister Isabella who had married Spencer Walpole. Their brother, Spencer Perceval Jnr., took over Elm Grove. The last of these daughters left the money for the church to be built on the Elm Grove site. The manor must have been demolished by 1905 when the church was opened. The only remains of the manor that we know about are the four urns on the pedestals of the Ealing memorial gates at Pitzhanger Manor.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Elm Grove manor

Commemorated ati

Spencer Perceval - W5

Plaque unveiled by Liz Perceval, his great great great great grand-daughter.

Read More

Other Subjects

Northumberland House - Charing Cross

Northumberland House - Charing Cross

Sited just to the east of Charing Cross, the picture source, Wikipedia, has a very useful map, but there we also read that the garden "did not reach all the way down to the river" which rather cont...

Building, Property

1 memorial
William of Wykeham

William of Wykeham

Bishop of Winchester, Chancellor of England and founder of Winchester College. Reconstructed Windsor Castle for King Edward III. Click on external site for more information. And see Winchester gees...

Person, Architecture, Politics & Administration, Property, Religion

4 memorials
Notting Hill Housing Trust

Notting Hill Housing Trust

A social enterprise and charity providing affordable housing for Londoners. It was founded by Bruce Kenrick who had moved to Notting Hill in 1963 (which was then a far cry from the desirable area i...

Group, Property, Social Welfare

2 memorials
St Marys Newington

St Marys Newington

In 1720 the old church was demolished, all but the clock tower, and rebuilt, incorporating the tower. 1793 the church was enlarged to accommodate the increased congregation, extending 25 feet to th...

Building, Property, Religion

1 memorial
Belair House

Belair House

Country villa. Originally called College Place. In 1947 Southwark Council purchased the lease but as the main building was in such a poor state it had to be rebuilt from ground level, retaining onl...

Building, Property

1 memorial