mobile nav

Subject

Elis David Almshouse

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Elis David Almshouse

Building  From 27/4/1447  To 1974

Categories: Architecture

Founded by Elias Davy (the correct spelling of his name), and originally built for seven people of either sex and enlarged for twelve people in 1875. Residents transferred to newly built almshouses in nearby Duppas Hill in 1974.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Elis David Almshouse

Information Commemorated at

72369

Elias Davy - Church Street

Elias Davy, citizen & mercer of London, founded the original Elis David Almsh...

Read More

72381

Elias Davy - Duppas Hill

This plaque must have originally been erected on the Church Street building, ...

Read More