mobile nav

Subject

Ealing Grove School, Co-operative School

Ealing Grove School, Co-operative School

Group  From 1834  To 1859

Categories: Education

The Ealing Grove School (for boys) was established by Lady Byron in 1834 on the site where the plaque is. She appointed E. T. Craig and then Charles Atlee as headmaster. See Ealing College for what then happened to the site.

In a nearby street, The Park, is a building which we believe used to house another school, Byron House School, opened by Atlee, in 1859 when he left Ealing Grove School. We don't know if Lady Byron herself was connected with this school in any way.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Ealing Grove School, Co-operative School

Information Commemorated at

Lady Byron

Lady Byron, 1792 - 1860, founded the renowned Co-operative School within thes...

Read More