Building From 1545 To 1681
The Worshipful Company of Dyers was incorporated in 1471. Their Hall in Upper Thames Street was lost in the Great Fire of 1666. Rebuilt, it burnt down again in 1681. They then moved to Dowgate Hill/College Street, where their current Hall, of 1842, is still situated. See the Vintners for some information on the Dyers involvement in swan upping.