mobile nav

Subject

Downs Hotel

Place  From 1863 

The Pickwick Bicycle Club was founded here on 22 June 1870. At that first meeting, it was decided that the Downs Hotel should be the general rendezvous for bi-weekly excursions on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Closed in 2007, now residential.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Downs Hotel

Information Commemorated at

Pickwick Bicycle Club

Hackney Citizen 25 June 2014 gives the history of the club and explains "A co...

Read More