Deptford Creek bridge
Building From 1804
From the magnificent Edith Streets: The Bridge, with its control tower alongside, was opened in 1954. The first footbridge was built in 1804, and the first road bridge in 1815. The bridge lifts let boats go up river. There had been discussions over a long period about a bridge over the Creek but it was opposed by the Society of Ferrymen. In 1803 following a petition to Parliament a footbridge was installed.