mobile nav

Subject

Baker Street and Waterloo Railway

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Baker Street and Waterloo Railway

Place  From 10/3/1906  To 1933

Categories: Transport

Constructed by the Underground Electric Railways Company of London, between Baker Street and Lambeth North, (then called Kennington Road). It was later extended to Elephant & Castle, and then to Watford and Stanmore. The contraction to "Bakerloo" rapidly caught on, and the official name was changed to match it in July 1906. Owing to falling customer usage, it was eventually taken into public ownership, and became part of the London Underground system.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Baker Street and Waterloo Railway

Information Commemorated at

73503

Baker Street and Waterloo Railway Centenary - Embankment

Bakerloo Line Centenary of the Baker Street & Waterloo Railway, 1906 - 2006.

Read More