mobile nav

Subject

Davis' Theatre

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Davis' Theatre

Building  From 18/12/1928  To 23/5/1959

Categories: Theatre, Cinema

Built by Grace and Marsh and operated by Israel Davis and his family. It opened with the British premiere of Josef von Sternberg's  The Last Command, and was equipped with the largest Compton organ ever built. It was demolished as part of a road-widening scheme.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Davis' Theatre

Information Commemorated at

68321

Davis' Theatre

Google Street View shows this plaque in situ 2008 - 2014 but lost by June 201...

Read More