Cooks' Hall was built circa 1500, escaped the Great Fire and was rebuilt and enlarged 1674. In 1764 a fire partially destroyed the Hall which was again rebuilt but it was totally destroyed by fire in 1771.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Cooks' Hall
Commemorated ati
Cooks' Hall - blue plaque
2022: A London Inheritance drew our attention to the stamp and the text below...
Cooks' Hall - bronze plaque
{Below the arms of the Worshipful Company of Cooks:} Cooks Hall was built on...
Other Subjects
Dyers' Hall
The Worshipful Company of Dyers was incorporated in 1471. Their Hall in Upper Thames Street was lost in the Great Fire of 1666. Rebuilt, it burnt down again in 1681. They then moved to Dowgate H...
Worshipful Company of Fruiterers
1292 - first reference to ‘Free Fruiterers’. First charter in 1606. Their shield shows Adam and Eve with that first piece of fruit.
Harry R. S. Pulman
Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Stationers who died in WW1. Andrew Behan has kindly provided this research: Captain Harry Robert Sauvé Pulman was born on 23 May 1867 and his birth was regis...
Worshipful Company of Skinners
Originally an association of fur traders, it is now an educational and charitable institution. It is one of the Livery Companies of the City of London.
Professor Banister Fletcher
Architect and surveyor. Churchwarden of St Andrew-by-the-Wardrobe. He and his sons, Banister Flight Fletcher and Herbert Phillips Fletcher, formed the architectural practice: Banister Fletcher &...
Person, Architecture, Liveries & Guilds, Politics & Administration, Property
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them