A group of evangelical Christians, who worshipped at Holy Trinity Church in Clapham and centred on William Wilberforce, who campaigned for the abolition of slavery and other religious, philanthropic and moral causes. The name, the Clapham Sect, was not used until 1844. See the Holy Trinity memorial for a list of the 10 important members.
Group From 1790 To 1830
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
'Fairlight' in Wood Lane, Highgate, was built in 1908 for Julius Elias. who was the head of the publishing firm, Odhams Press, and later became Viscount Southwood. There is a book by R.J Minney, 'V...