Plaque: Holy Trinity Clapham - Wilberforce
William Wilberforce and 'the Clapham Sect' worshipped in this church. Their campaigning resulted in the abolition of slavery in British Dominions, 1833.
Great London Council
Site: Holy Trinity Church, Clapham Common (5 memorials)
SW4, Rookery Road, Clapham Common
The two plaques containing the list of WW1 names are in the porch at the west end, either side of the entrance. The blue plaque to Wilberforce is also in the porch, above the door to the right. The plaque to the Clapham Sect is on the right, south, side of the church; the plaque to Manor House School is on the left side.
Some amazing research work has been done on this and other Clapham memorials.