mobile nav

Subject

Clapham Odeon

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Clapham Odeon

Building  From 16/4/1938  To 1972

Categories: Architecture, Cinema

Cinema. Designed by George Coles. The use of neon lights on its exterior gave it a distinctive look at night. It closed in 1972, but permission to demolish it was refused. It reopened as 'The Liberty', showing Asian films, but closed for good in 1979. The auditorium was demolished and flats built in its place, and the foyer was converted into a wine shop.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Clapham Odeon

Information Commemorated at

69561

Clapham Odeon

Odeon Cinema, 1938 - 1972, refurbished 1999 as foyer apartments. The Clapham ...

Read More