Building From 16/4/1938 To 1972
Cinema. Designed by George Coles. The use of neon lights on its exterior gave it a distinctive look at night. It closed in 1972, but permission to demolish it was refused. It reopened as 'The Liberty', showing Asian films, but closed for good in 1979. The auditorium was demolished and flats built in its place, and the foyer was converted into a wine shop.