City of London School
Group From 1442
Endowed by John Carpenter Town Clerk in 1442. The Corporation of London by an Act of Parliament in 1834 established the School at Honey Lane market in Milk Street. In 1883 the School moved to the Victoria Embankment near Blackfriars Bridge. And in 1986 to a new building in Queen Victoria Street where it remains.