Opened in 1849 in Lower Thames Street, demolished in 1963. Our Picture source examines all the interesting buildings on this section of Lower Thames Street.
See other memorials in this area
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
City of London Coal Exchange
A second 1849 cast-iron heraldic dragon rears up on the other side of the bus...
This section lists other interesting subjects.
From the V&A website: "The Great Exhibition of the Works of Industry of a...
Founded as the London and Westminster Bank, it was the first firm founded und...
1st Baron St Just. At Harrow, West Acre House, 1884-8. Banker and politician....
The Ivy, opened by Abele Giandolini, as an unlicensed Italian cafe in 1917 in...
Register to receive email updates whenever we publish new memorials.
Now available: TheLondon RemembersiPhone app.
12,210 brave WW1 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.
23,831 brave WW2 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.