Opened in 1849 in Lower Thames Street, demolished in 1963. Our Picture source examines all the interesting buildings on this section of Lower Thames Street.
Go to map of other memorials in this area
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
City of London Coal Exchange
A second 1849 cast-iron heraldic dragon rears up on the other side of the bus...
This section lists other interesting subjects.
Claimed to be the oldest bookshop in London.
One of the largest residential property development companies in the United K...
Here the political opponents of Sir Robert Walpole met, using the title of th...
Fruiterer. Born Lambeth and initially worked with his father and brother in ...
Publishers at 65 Cornhill (the picture) until 1868. Also at 15 Waterloo Plac...
Register to receive email updates whenever we publish new memorials.
Now available: TheLondon RemembersiPhone app.
12,210 brave WW1 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.
23,831 brave WW2 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.