26 Russell Street (previously Great Russel Street). Pubs History lists licencees from 1848 but it dates back to the 18th century at least. Closed by 1922.
Building, Community / Clubs, Food & Drink
The materials used in the construction of the 1861 International Exhibition were sold and re-used in this building. Named after Princess Alexandra, newly married to the Prince of Wales, opened as "...
Place, Community / Clubs, Gardens / Agriculture
Now known as Nunhead cemetery, it was one of the so-called 'magnificent seven' cemeteries, opened on the outskirts of London in the nineteenth century, to alleviate the overcrowding in parish buria...
Place, Community / Clubs
Group, Community / Clubs
Load More +
468 more subjects
Died: 18/4/1905, 116 years ago
Person, Lord Mayor, Politics & Administration
Register to receive email updates whenever we publish new memorials.
Now available: TheLondon RemembersiPhone app.
12,210 brave WW1 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.
23,831 brave WW2 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.