mobile nav


All Saints Cemetery

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of

All Saints Cemetery

Place  From 1840 

Categories: Community / Clubs

Now known as Nunhead cemetery, it was one of the so-called 'magnificent seven' cemeteries, opened on the outskirts of London in the nineteenth century, to alleviate the overcrowding in parish burial grounds. It was nearly full by the mid-nineteenth century and was abandoned and left to turn to woodland. In 1981, the Friends of Nunhead Cemetery was formed and restored many of the memorials. It re-opened in May 2001, and is now classified as a local nature reserve, with a rich wildlife including tawny owls and woodpeckers.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
All Saints Cemetery

Information Commemorated at

All Saints Cemetery Nunhead

All Saints Cemetery Nunhead, established by the London Cemetery Company, July...

Read More