mobile nav


Brixton Theatre

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of

Brixton Theatre

Building  From 21/9/1896  To 8/11/1940

Categories: Theatre

Theatre designed by Frank Matcham. It had a capacity of 1,504, and was home to plays, small touring productions, and Christmas pantomimes. It was renamed the Melville Theatre in 1940, but was destroyed in an air raid shortly afterwards. The Ritzy Cinema now occupies the site.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Brixton Theatre

Information Commemorated at

Brixton Theatre foundation stone

Although not actually named, this lonely, vandalised stone is all that remain...

Read More