mobile nav

Subject

Borough of Wembley

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Borough of Wembley

Group  From 1894  To 1965

Former London borough. It was created from part of the existing Hendon Rural Sanitary District, and originally consisted of two civil parishes: Kingsbury and Wembley. Abolished by the London Government Act of 1963, it merged with the neighbouring Municipal Borough of Willesden to form the London Borough of Brent. The motto on the coat of arms translates as 'we must move with the times'.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Borough of Wembley

Information Creations

John Logie Baird NW9 - Plaque

Our picture of the plaque is taken from the NW9 section of the excellent and ...

Read More